‘Tis (almost) the season, which means it’s time, once again, for our ‘Socks For Santa’ holiday campaign!!
This holiday season, TLABC’s Public Affairs Committee (PAC) will again be collecting new or gently used, clean socks to give to the First United Downtown Eastside Shelter.
The shelter provides 60 beds each night– space for 40 men and 20 women. This is one of the largest and busiest shelters in Vancouver. Each day they provide their clients with foot baths/foot care, as well as provide them with a clean pair of dry socks. Keeping your feet warm, dry and protected can be quite challenging in this rainy city, and the shelter often runs out of socks and supplies.
Please help out by participating in one of the following ways:
1) Send or drop off your new or gently used socks to:
1111 – 1100 Melville St.
Vancouver, BC V6E 4A6
2) Bring your socks to the Fairmont Waterfront for the Medical Legal seminar, the AGM or the Holiday Bash at the Stanley Park Pavilion on Friday, December 1st, 2017!
3) Make a pledge towards the purchase of socks for the shelter.
To make a pledge, or for more info please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the TLABC office:
604-682-5343 / (toll-free: 1 888-558-5222)
#TLABCCares is dedicated to keeping our less-fortunate safe and dry this holiday season!
It’s that time of year again!
The Retweet is a fun way to connect our members and community, and encourage collaboration, inspiration and discussion. This year, the Retweet will compliment our new initiative – Wellness In the Workplace – and we would encourage you to consider how wellness plays a role in both your personal and professional life. As we support and inspire each other, we fuel the fires of success.
Post or send your favourite links, websites, quotes, tips or photos… anything that inspires you as a professional and as a woman.
There are 3 easy ways to participate…
- Follow us on Twitter @tla_bc, Facebook (TLABC) & (TLABC Women), and on Instagram (tlabc)
- Use the hashtag #TLABC_women or tag us in your posts that inspire you as a woman & a professional!
- Send us your favourite posts, images, articles, photos or quotes and we will include them in our posts. Please email email@example.com
At #TLABC our mission is to support and promote the rights of individuals in British Columbia.
Here’s a quick round-up of what’s been in the news lately:
Sept 13th – Letter to the Editor
Aug 30th (2016)